• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi all ...new to the forums...Mutoh jr. no black

lout63

Recently i replaced pump, capping station, o-rings and dampers..... Initial fill was done, C,M,Y filled the dampers except for black. I removed the black damper from the print head and attached a syringe to the damper to manually pull black ink....I could barely pull enough ink to fill the damper.
What are the chances that something is obstructing the line.
I replaced the black cartridge thinking something is blocking the ink path, still no ink....the only other solution is an obstruction in the ink line...need some input...thanks in advance.

Lou

Steve C.

Welcome to Signs 101.

Wish I could help ya Lou. Just dont know. Maybe attach the syringe to
the Hose that goes to the waste bottle? Or print full volume ink swash
to get ink flowing?

eldominico

10 steps to unclog ink lines

Same thing happened to me in all 4 colors, follow this steps and your all set

1 buy a vet syringe from a veterinary supply
2 temporarily remove an ink line from capping station and fit it to the end of the syringe (it fits perfect)
3 disconnect damper and place hose attached to serynge where the damper used to be (metal line with the brass nut and o ring moved to the back)
4 take away the ink cartridge
5 fill syringe with automotive paint thinner YES AUTO PAINT THINNER!
force the thinner through the entire hose until the syringe is empty and is free flowing out from the ink cartridge needle (you might need to do several syringe fills)
6 once is unclogged and spits all the dry ink perform step 5 using rubbing alcohol
7 test for free flow on line (if there still no fluid flow go back to step 5 and let thinner set inside line for at least 10 minutes)
8 re-attach ink cartridge and ink damper
9 mate syringe with damper and start sucking ink (allow ink to flow at least 5cc in to syringe
10 reinstall ink damper

This method also works on heads, pump, and capping station, I have done it with no harm to the machine or components

lout63

I have been browsing through the forums for the last couple of weeks, the only thing i have to say is ...you guys are Awesome!!!!!!

eldominico...thank you for your advice, finally got the ink flowing on the black :))

lout63

here,s a quick update on my Mutoh project .....finaly got all the inks flowing through to the heads, but the nozzle check looks like hell...alot of the jets on the black are not firing at all, also some of the color are seem to be cloged up too.
Im not sertain how long the printer was sitting, but i can honestly tell you it was more then a few days...my next step (correct me if im wrong here guys ) is to remove the heads and flush them through with paint thinner. Or order a new set of print heads through CMYK parts...any input is welcome

Thanks

Graphics2u

You might be able to flush them without removing them. Pull the dampers and use a syringe with a piece of tubing and slide it over the nipple on the heads. Flush with cleaning fluid (Saw the post on using paint thinner, never heard of that one, I'd stay away from that). Let fluid sit in head for a while then flush again.

lout63

...already tried that method flushing with cleaning fluid ....got most of the jets working on the color head and about half on the black, as a last resort i might try flushing with paint thinner ...might be time to replace the heads :(
thanks for the reply