• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi all...

halezmum

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nicole, and I'm from PA. I'm a SAHM to 3 kiddos, and my husband is in the Army.

I started off with a Graphtec RoboCraft for doing small scrapbooking type things, and I started doing vinyl wall words. I recently got a 36" Master cutter, which I finally got together today... and it seems to do what I want it to. I'm by no means a professional. :wink:

I look forward to meeting everyone and learning from you!

:U Rock:

Ken

Hello Hazelmum..(nicole)...welcome from BC...please read the search function here to not repeat questions already answered..
Kind regards..best of luck..AND..Happy Mothers Day!
Ken

halezmum

A professional is a person that gets paid for what he/she does. So I guess this is a hobby and you do all the work for free:help:

Think "professional"!

Well, for the most part you're accurate. I don't do this with the express purpose of making money. I started with my small Graphtec for doing scrapbooking stuff and greeting cards, and candy cake boxes for weddings, etc. Some of my friends might say "hey, could you..." and if they provide the paper they want to use I'm more than happy to do that. I do a lot of things for gifts...

The same thing happened with vinyl. I started playing around with the Graphtec and some vinyl, and was doing wall words and decals for gifts for people. I decided to get the 36" cutter because my FIL wanted some lettering done for his company truck, and it was cheaper for him to buy me the cutter than to have someone else do it.

Will I eventually want to sell some of it? Maybe, but not in the capacity most of you do. I'm happy doing it as a hobby, and don't think I'd want to trade in the pleasure I get doing it for myself for the stress of doing it for money.

I hope I'm still welcome. :wink: