• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi Everyone

oliverdesign

Hello, I'm Bill from Three Rivers, CA.

I have a degree in Design from UCLA.
I've worked mostly as an illustrator, animator and graphic designer since I graduated about 20 years ago.

I've developed lots of educational software titles for children. I do a lot of traditional illustration as well as working with computers of course.
The last couple years I worked at a newspaper designing ads and laying out pages. I just got laid off last month with no notice, so I'm sort of in between gigs right now and wondering what direction to go.

I finished a few hand painted signs recently and learned a lot while doing them. I'm very interested in learning as much as possible about the trade and I find it all very interesting.

I'm glad I found this site as there is a wealth of information and many nice people.

Keith Rae

Welcome from the Canada side of the Okanagan Valley, my wife works in news paper also typesetting ads. It's been a tough few years for news papers and media in general. So were you using In-design, Quark or Malty-ad? With working in new advertising you will have a good sense of visual design and balance. good luck!