• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HI from a newbie!

diggindesigns

Hello My name is Kasey. I live in a small town and I work out of my house. I've been actually working for myself for 3 years now. Started out just with a plotter and my computer. Now I've upgraded to a Gerber Edge FX and let me tell you I'm super lost! I'm a Graphic Designer and yet I can't figure out anything on this new machine. First things first I don't even know how to price out a sticker yet. I have my cost of the materials and I keep coming up with weird numbers. How I price out my vinyl decals is pretty simple. I just price for size. L x W / 2 and that gives me my cost. I charge by per inch because my customers are not looking for large decals. (usually) but with my new Gerber machine I'm so lost. I've read forum after forum. I've even looked at the pdf file from Gerber and my numbers do not match. Plus I'm not sure if their numbers are telling me if it's my cost or the mark up cost for resale. Any help would be great! I'm very glad I was able to find this website for help. Thanks

decalman

Welcome,to the forum. Nice machine Gerber makes, sorry I don't have one, but plenty of people do, as you will see.
:Welcome:

rossmosh

Go online and look at what the competition charges. That will define "market value" for your items. Then you need to think whether you need to charge extra for things like design, setup, and "time with the customer".