• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi From Axton, VA!

Hi Everyone, I'm Nikki!

I've been in the sign-making business for a year now. Someone offered to sell an out-dated plotter to my husband because "he was creative and could do a lot with it." I'm a college graduate - have a bachelors in Business Management my concentration was marketing. I was working for an insurance company, but wanting something more. This offer seemed like a great way to use my degree and was the "More" I was looking for. My husband and I did research on the machine and talked to a retired sign-shop owner. After discovering that the machine was out-dated, we decided that we should purchase a new plotter and see where our business would go. We started out part-time at night and then I went part-time at the insurance office and now, after growing our business, I'm full-time in our shop. We're learning programs and machines and have just purchased the Roland SP 540i in the past four months. Even with our lack of knowledge when it comes to design, we're growing! I discovered the forums and found tons of info and knew that the wealth of knowledge here would help greatly and then maybe I might be able to help someone else eventually!

I'm having trouble with formatting a logo to cut on my plotter right now, so off to the forums I go to try to find some answers! Anyone willing to help, I have an Adobe Illustrator file that has a few layers and I'm trying to minimize the cuts so that I don't have tons of cut lines (trying to weld different sections together), but I'm not getting very far....... I've learned a lot in the past year, but some things I'm still "green" at.

Thanks in advance for any help! :thankyou: