• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from California

amw

Longtime Members
Hello everyone, im from Southern California and just got into printing myself. Ive been outsourcing print work for a while, but now i just recently got a used mimaki jv3sp. I also do cut vinyl and embroidery. Im looking forward to posting on here a lot more often!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjS...xt=C37345d6UDOEgsToPDskKg__7YULMiEVD7E7Li_y5F

:thankyou::thankyou:

Hello, from Michigan!
(looks like the printer is rubbing the head on the vinyl....which isnt a good thing.)

Marsha

Malkin

Your media is not sitting flat, and this is causing head strikes, which is slowly damaging the print heads.

The fix usually involves changing heat settings and/or using a better quality media.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
You need tension pulling (evenly) on both sides of the pinch rollers, and as stated above, lower heat setting may help and better material for sure.
Also, on banner material, I've tried about 8 brands...and finally settled on ZEELON. It has a 1,000x1,000 Denier (high thread count) which helps keep the material from warping under heat etc. It's only .20¢ a sq.ft. from Fellers.
Again, I've tried many of the "cheap" banner materials, and it's just not worth the head strikes, babysitting, & reprints for at most a .07¢ savings which you don't really pass on to the customer anyway.
WELCOME FROM KENTUCKY (formerly from Southern California)