• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from Maryland.....

Wayne Miller

I just stumbled across the forum last night. I'm not even sure what I was looking for when I found it but it's been a blessing already.

I'm a carpet-cleaner-turn-graphic-designer-turn-carpet-cleaner. It's a long story, but I ventured into graphic design as a carpet cleaner several years ago in anticipation of a move to another state. It's something I could do over the Internet and I knew a lot of folks in the cleaning industry. It was sorta like having a captive audience. Regardless of where we ended up, with a little success, I'd at least be able to pay the mortgage.

We did finally make the move and I started a new career as a construction manager, keeping my foot in graphics. Then, almost two years into construction, along came the housing implosion. Through a series of fateful twists and turns we're back where we started. We're starting back into cleaning and putting more emphasis on building the graphics end of the business.

I work almost exclusively with carpet cleaners. I design signage for a van or a box truck every now and again. Lately, though, there's been a lot more interest. Wraps are still a bit of a mystery to me. I'd pursue more if I knew a wee bit more about it. I'd like to learn to to apply the vinyl as well. And, there are a gazillion more sign kinda things I could get into with a little effort and imagination.

On a more personal note, I've been married to the same wonderful woman for nearly 21 years, have four beautiful kids, three still at home, one due to give us our first grandbaby in October. We share our home with Winston our Westie, Tucker our Scottie, Cookie the guniea pig who really loves cucumbers and mostly goes by "piggie," and a turtle whose name escapes me. My background is in manufacturing, carpet and upholstery cleaning, new home construction and graphic design.

Nice to meet everyone!