• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from New Jersey

Rocco G

Hello

I recently found this site and it looks like a cool place. I'm in the Subdivision, er um Garden State. TBH, there are many more developements than farms in NJ anymore and I think that a new state nickname may be in order. :tongue: I'm near Philly, not New York BTW.

I'm in the sign installation end of things these days. No, not wraps but storefront signs. You know, channel letters, cabinets, awnings, freestanding signs, etc. We also fabricate, but not nearly as much as in years past. I really prefer fabrication but installation work pays the bills.

This is the only job I've ever had, having grown up in the business. My Dad, may God rest his soul, started this crazyness back in the mid 60's and I've been a sign guy since I could hold an exacto knife or twist a wire. We started out in Philadelphia and moved to Jersey about 25 years ago. Time flies....

I'm very interested in the older techniques, glass guilding and hand carving being my latest crazes. I still love neon and it's one of my favorite mediums. I guess that neon now counts as "old school". Oh well.

Well, before I turn this into a novel (I've been known to run off at the mouth/keyboard) I'll quit this here. :smile:

Rocco G

phototec

Welcome from the Lone Star state, 82° here today, hope you are staying warm there!

I was stationed at Fort Monmouth, NJ in 1968 before being transferred to Fort Hood, TX. Spent my off duty hours in Red Bank, and on weekends would go to New York City.

:Welcome: to the Signs101 community