• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from the Philippines!

Rewind23

Hi, I'm from Manila, Philippines, I'm currently working in a startup team of signmakers here in Manila. My role is more on design & fabrication. Our team is going on its 2nd yr, with currently 7 staff. But the people behind our team has wide range of experience in terms of sign fabrication & installations (they come from different sign maker company here in the Philippines). I joined the forum to learn and share what we know to bring back something to the sign making community. Cheers

Rewind23

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Cheery greetings from the United States Rewind23.
Sounds like you and your team are having some success. Great to know!

At anyrate - welcome to the Signs101 community. There's a lot of helpful info in the forums and a lot of helpful members to assist with any issues you might have. Here's hoping you enjoy your stay - and looking forward to your contributions to the community. Cheers.

SignsSupport

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Welcome.

My stepson will be traveling from Hawaii to the Philippines to visit with his father next month. Unless the hurricane delays him.

henryp

Hi, I'm from Manila, Philippines, I'm currently working in a startup team of signmakers here in Manila. My role is more on design & fabrication. Our team is going on its 2nd yr, with currently 7 staff. But the people behind our team has wide range of experience in terms of sign fabrication & installations (they come from different sign maker company here in the Philippines). I joined the forum to learn and share what we know to bring back something to the sign making community. Cheers

Rewind23

Mabuhay kabayan, all the best !!!

clarizeyale

Tell us a sign trick from the Philippines! What software do you run? Printers? Cutters? CNC?

Genuinely curious too. I visited the Philippines this summer and saw all these signs and graphics shops but the spaces look very small and didn't get a chance to check them out.

ALSO this is very satisfying to watch. so amazing!

Rewind23

Tell us a sign trick from the Philippines! What software do you run? Printers? Cutters? CNC?
player - I guess the sign trick I can share is regarding non-lighted signage build up, We always use painted G.I. sheet as our main choice of material instead of wood, the result of finish painted G.I. sheet is really good and it is budget friendly. Please see attached sample of our works, (@admin - hopefully it is ok to post some of our works) The soldering works is done by manually placing nikolite leads on the edges with the help of our custom made soldering iron. For the software, We use AI and Autocad for the design and shop drawing. Btw, as a short background, I was a Technical Drafter from an Industrial Company before here in the Philippines, so jumping to signage design is quite a breeze since I have the experience using CAD program (2D/3D drawings) which I always find useful. Shop draw is always helpful to us. For the printers, As of now We outsource our plotting and decal needs, since we are just a startup company, but we are considering getting a mimaki cutter plottter and a decent large format printer soon. For our laser cutting needs is also outsource but hopefully one day We can afford to get all the sign making tools available for us. Regards from the Philippines. Cheers

henryp - Mabuhay Kabayan! Regards

JR's - Thank You. Regards

clarizeyale - that is a commonly used signboard by our local transport vehicle. Mostly use by Jeepneys here in the Philippines. That video is a good example of sign making skills at least to me. Regards

Attachments

• image1PP.jpeg
    image1PP.jpeg
    290.8 KB · Views: 296
  • image2PP.jpeg
    image2PP.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

clarizeyale

Thanks for the info! I'm very well aware of Jeepneys, I've just never seen a sign being painted so I thought that process was really cool.

Thanks!

Rewind23

morty87 & The Big Squeegee - cheers! Thank You

clarizeyale - yup jeepneys are almost everywhere here in Manila :)
It just happens that whenever we have clients looking for non lighted build up We normally recommend
painted G.I. sheet because we find it very straight forward working with G.I. sheet either manually jigsaw
or via laser cut (outsource) and the durability is great. For other signs, We usually work with the most common material which is acrylic & sintra boards but still in the end its still the clients specs / requirements to meet.