• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi just a quick question ????

kustom.printing

If I have an EPS file template and want to take photos of the internet to make a design would Photoshop be better than Corel for this job.

I need the design to be contour cut so would Photoshop offer the full support for this.

Thank you for your time.

TheProfessor

most photos off the internet will not be high enough resolution for any sort of design work (especially something the size of a car), plus you don't own the rights to them... unless the finished product has become so unrecognizable from the copied image, I wouldnt do it... go to a site like photos.com and buy a month membership for $99.00 for unlimited downloads and get an image on the up and up...

TonyHoles

When you say template are you referring to a template for say a skin? I am not quite understanding what you need done. But both coral and adobe make excellent products. I am a adobe (illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) user.

osmasterflex

If you prefer using photoshop to design,

Open the EPS file with photoshop, design whatever it is your doing within the template. turn off that template layer when your done. Save that PSD File. Then Merge all the layers together, and click Ctrl + The Merged Layer, and it will select the whole thing, click on the 'path' tab next to 'layers' and on the bottom there is a button that says 'create paths'. Click that, then Select File and Export, save that file somewhere (it will be an AI File).

Open Illustrator, Open the AI File that you just created and set that up to be contour cut . Then create another layor in illustrator, and click File, then 'Place' and select the PSD File. Line them up and your good to go.

kustom.printing

Thanks for the replies, I have one last question

I am using Photoshop now and still learning a lot, I was looking at learning either Corel vs. Illustrator for banners, which would you recommend.

I will be buying the Rolland VP-540, so which works best for cut paths and versa works.

Thanks again for your time. :thumb:

TheProfessor

unless you are doing cut vinyl banners, it should make absolutely no difference which program you use. Its all about your confort level in each program. Both are vector based and each has their strengths, but when it comes down to it, each makes letters and shapes in a big rectangle and prints it out on your banner material...

Air Art Girl

there are many royalty free sites for high res images that will work. Corel photo paint or photoshop will work. I prefer Corel myself. But, since you are already working with Photoshop, why switch.

For Banner, we prefer Flexi.