• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi..my name is Joey and I'm a signguy

signguy17

I have a sponsor...Gino (that just broke about 12 steps didn't it!)

I am in Southeast Virginia on the Chesapeake Bay and I handletter about 250 commercial fishing boats a year and about 150 pleasure boats I letter in vinyl. Plus I do alot of real estate and sandblasted signs and vehicle lettering...a lot of fleet work.

I was a commercial fisherman for 25 years and the guy that lettered our boats dropped dead of a heart attack and I always thought I could do it so I taught myself how to do it and that was 19 years ago. But I did it as a side job then while I still worked on the water but in 1999 I was lettering a buddies boat and tried to reach one last letter and I fell off the ladder....and now I'm a full time signguy....and I love it!

Everyday is different and I have to be mobile to letter the boats in the boatyards and marinas so, most of the time, I'm never in the same place for long. I have a 2500 sq ft shop behind my house and a stepvan that I use as my mobile sign shop.

Look forward to alot of info swapping and good natured ribbing....don't bring it if you can't handle it!

Replicator

Glad to have you aboard joey . . . It's good that you can fall back on your sponsor Gino if you relapse . . . !

signguy17

Its not good when your sponsor is a liability......but we have a cousin Guido Sarducci so don't mess with us....you know what I'm sayin'?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Who ?????????

:Welcome: from PA....................

And NO, Roland doesn't know about this place and I think we should keep it that way. LOL

skyhigh

you were a commercial fisherman for 25 years...you know Gino, & your cousin is Guido Sarducci???

Something smells fishy...

Welcome aboard 17 (welcome aboard...fisherman....I crack me up.)

SignosaurusRex

Welcome Aboard! Good to have another brush man on ship.:thumb: Lettering the fishing boats can be a lot of fun or a pure hell. I miss the fun ones a lot.

Samm

One boat I brushed, was on a hardstand.

I overstepped the flybridge and wound up 5 metres down on concrete, with my right leg jammed in a plastic chair...the guys who ran to help just pulled the chair off, not taking into consideration the fact that it was in my leg like a fish hook...have a calflong scar that is here to stay....

Nonetheless, never done a boat on a hardstand again.

Pure Hell.

OldPaint

as the "other" EYE-TALIAN here....you part a ginos family you part a mine.....DONTWORRYBOUTIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: