• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi. New member from Cheshire, UK

petej728

Hello all.

A quick intro...

Have been making vinyl decals for several years now. All small scale stuff, but made a living at it. I have 2 cutters (both Chinese 'starter' cutters) and have just decided to step up a bit and purchased a Graphtec FC7000MK2. Inspected it, tested it, paid for it and collected it. Replaced the cutting strip, bought 2 smart knives and have spent the last few days setting up the second workroom, going through the manual, and test cutting etc. Am very pleased with the results and am now looking to advertise a lot of the stuff I do in larger sizes + new stuff. Will also be looking to buy a printer in a couple of months, but not focusing on that at the present moment.

I only really have 2 questions (just cannot seem to find the answers in the manual).

1. How can I move the cutter head away from the job quicker? I know I can press 'Enter + Up arrow' to step it away a bit, and 'Enter + Down arrow' to return it to the origin, but is there something I can press to just whiz it down towards the far end of the cutter, or whiz the vinyl backwards and forwards?

2. While I was practising with the cutter, at one point I got a message on the screen that said 'Media end' and underneath that 'Reload Media!'. No matter what I pressed, I couldn't remove the message and then carry on. Even if I removed/reloaded the media, nothing happened. In the end I had to switch the cutter off and back on again. Not a big issue, but I'm sure there is a correct way to 'reset/clear' the menu.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pete J.

petej728

Hello all.

A quick intro...

Have been making vinyl decals for several years now. All small scale stuff, but made a living at it. I have 2 cutters (both Chinese 'starter' cutters) and have just decided to step up a bit and purchased a Graphtec FC7000MK2. Inspected it, tested it, paid for it and collected it. Replaced the cutting strip, bought 2 smart knives and have spent the last few days setting up the second workroom, going through the manual, and test cutting etc. Am very pleased with the results and am now looking to advertise a lot of the stuff I do in larger sizes + new stuff. Will also be looking to buy a printer in a couple of months, but not focusing on that at the present moment.

I only really have 2 questions (just cannot seem to find the answers in the manual).

1. How can I move the cutter head away from the job quicker? I know I can press 'Enter + Up arrow' to step it away a bit, and 'Enter + Down arrow' to return it to the origin, but is there something I can press to just whiz it down towards the far end of the cutter, or whiz the vinyl backwards and forwards?

2. While I was practising with the cutter, at one point I got a message on the screen that said 'Media end' and underneath that 'Reload Media!'. No matter what I pressed, I couldn't remove the message and then carry on. Even if I removed/reloaded the media, nothing happened. In the end I had to switch the cutter off and back on again. Not a big issue, but I'm sure there is a correct way to 'reset/clear' the menu.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pete J.

Got hold of a Graphtec engineers number and spoke to him.

1. Use the direction arrow, then press 'NEXT'.
2. If it's stuck, pretty much what I did. Turn it off and back on again.

Last edited: