• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi..newbie here with a ct630 problem

squizzysigns

Hi all...am new here but been making signs for a while with a creation ct630 using winpcsign software.

I have found the ct630 a great machine with no problems for many months 'til now. ....

I installed a HP all.in.one printer/scanner/copier on my Pentium 3 windows 98se computer which also runs the ct630..

After the hp install I went to make a sign and the plotter came up with error 19...no prob...reinstalled the upgrade...then "no plotter detected!" error appeared...went to reconfigure..all seemed normal but have found it won't accept/save configeration!!!

Have checked the ports..ok...plotter is online...baud rate, parity etc ok
did a total reninstall of Winpcsign software ..totally removed HP printer as I figured this being the problem..still "no plotter detected"...redid everything..bios, software, etc; 3 times ...still "no plotter detected!'

Was told by another guy with a cnc plasma cutter he also had the same prob when he installed an HP product..

any ideas??

I've been at it for two days now....help!! I have orders on hold.

Squizzy

squizzysigns

Update

Did a total cleanup of my pc..reinstalled windows..checked everything three times..cable,bios, port, etc...still "no plotter detected"!!! grrr...nearly 24 hrs of time without result...help!!!

one printer/scanner/copier

Just citing an issue we had on another machine. If you are running the HP monitoring software, disable it. Then see of your machine will detect your plotter. You may not be able to run both at the same time.

squizzysigns

Fixed!!!

followed your suggestion pro.....now fixed ...did a thorough search for orphan hp files..found a rogue one (a memories disk file) and cleared the winpcsign software twice more as well as the registry..three restarts and reloads later and yippee!!
thanks for your suggestions

Squizzy

squizzysigns

another victim?

Met a guy with a kantana cutter and artcut software whom couldn't get his pc communicating with the plottervia the com1 port..he has a HP printer..so I suggested he unistall it, etc; ..will find out soon if it fixed the problem.

:Australia :smile: :Australia