• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi there, from New Jersey!

bigzap

Hello, all............
I've been peeking in on the forum here for a little while, but now that I find myself getting things in order to start my own business soon (vinyl signs to start with), I'm wanting/needing to learn more and more. I've noticed with this forum as opposed to the others, you all seem to make the newcomer more comfortable, and not as self conscious. I'm 51 yrs. young, and am winding up a mini career as an autobody repairman (I've developed back problems).....and my best friend/wife is ok with me finding a part time job most anywhere (I've just applied at Ace Hardware yesterday), while I go into business for myself part time. I'm eager and nervous. Perhaps the word is excited actually. At this stage of the game, I probably don't have much to contribute to the forum, only questions. With a rather limited budget, I've acquired an old Roland PNC 1000. I've yet to try it out, as I've been re-doing the basement (insulation etc.), but that chapter is nearing the end. I'm looking into going the Inkscape/SignCut X2 route-- I've had a bit of exposure to some graphics programs in the past, so I'm hoping to pick it up without getting any more grey hair............

Oh well, that's a basic hello from New Jersey! (and a thanks ahead of time!)

Les ("bigzap")

Ken

Hi Les, welcome to S101. Sounds like you've got your head on straight and we send much encouragement your way. Treat your customers right..don't lowball your prices...and most of all...have some fun!
Cheers!
Ken

Craig Sjoquist

welcome to a outstanding forum and people

being from a auto body past you should have a good challage but very workable, ...since working with your hands and mind as a craftsman, sure you will do fine

you may want to help yourself learn some layout skills by read Mike Stevens..Mastering Layout ...... also read and ask be glad to help

yukon

Hi Neighbor!

Hi Les, welcome to the best Sign Forum out there!

I grew up in Rockaway and am still local to the area.

Best of Luck...
Yukon:Coffee:

THATgirl

Hi bigzap Welcome! Roland is a good machine. I have had mine since 1989 with no problems at all. Good luck in your new venture.