Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hi there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by signworx, Dec 27, 2003.

1. signworx

signworx Member

Dec 27, 2003
    Hi all thought I would briefly introduce myself. My name is Paul and I run signworx here in the UK, my main area of work is hand painted signs though I do the sticky stuff as well. I also pinstripe but theres not an awfull lot of that type of work here in the uk. I started out in the trade about 25 years ago working for a company on the coast whose main work was fairground rides, that was one doozy of an apprenticeship,didnt paint anything for about 3 years but my boss made me letter and airbrush practice boards every day. The day came when he said "get your gear you've a sign to do" I started shaking and still do when I think about it. All went well and the rest is history.
    I see many names here that I recognize from other forums and picked this link up from signforums, so far I like what I see but havn't had time to look round properly yet. I see Mike the Sign is here and let me tell you folks that vinyl work is flawless, ive seen it close up and not a bubble, wrinkle to be seen. I've posted an example of my striping and will put some of my work in the gallery.

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Glad to see you, signworx. Any tips on airbrushing or painted signs would do me alot of good. Hope to hear much more you and the members across the Atlantic.:brittain:

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Hi Paul. We're glad to see you.

4. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Hi Paul good to see another new face. :smile:

5. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    Welcome!

Welcome Paul!

We welcome your posts with your experience in the trade.

Mark

6. signworx

signworx Member

Dec 27, 2003
    welcome

Thanks for the very warm welcome folks.

7. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Hiya Paul. I see you've posted some nice work! Way ta go!:thumb:

8. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    A late welcome Paul, great work, keep posting em, great to have someone with such talent!!