Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi-Viz lime yellow reflective vinyl

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by Merlin8167, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Merlin8167

Merlin8167 New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Hi,

I'm new to the sign making thing. I'm actually a public safety professional and myself and 2 others got a used vinyl cutter and our intent is to make decals for the local departments for helmets personal vehicles and equipment. Not apparatus just equipment carried on the apparatus.

Here is m question if someone can answer it. Recently I got some custom reflective decals from an on-line vendor in hi-viz lime yellow.

Does anyone know were this vinyl can be purchased or who manufactures it??? It isn't reflexite or 3M diamond grade. Not prismatic at all. Looks just like regular scotchlte but in hi-viz yellow.

Here are some pics so you can see what it looks like.

Thanks in advance..

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
  3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    yeah, looks like 3M 680 Lemon Yellow to me.
    regular yellow is more orange, and the diamond-grade yellow is greenish-yellow.

4. Merlin8167

Merlin8167 New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I was hoping that had been the case but there is nothing on the backing paper at all. Paper is totally blank with no manufacturer markings at all.

Thanks

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    oralite 5600 lemon yellow is pretty close.

6. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Are you sure its not printed on reflective?

7. Merlin8167

Merlin8167 New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    No, it's not printed on reflective vinyl.

Here are a few more pics that may help. The strips on the helmet were on it when it came from the manufacturer. That's why I have the thought "someone has to make this stuff."

Thanks to all who have offered suggestions and information

Attached Files:

8. Merlin8167

Merlin8167 New Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I realize that I am new to this forum but I have been in public safety for over 30 years and I know the difference between vinyl that is screen printed vs. one that is cut.

The side of the helmet has a star of life that is screened on white reflective. The crescent and front star of life were cut from vinyl. If you look at the star on the front of the helmet you can see that the staff and snake were weeded out and the blue that you see is the helmet itself. Also, I'm the one that put them on so that's how I know it is cut vinyl and not screened.