• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High end artwork on Wood or Aluminum

Pideas

I have a corporate client that wants to print artwork (they would purchase digital files from a photographer) onto wood or aluminum for their interior office use. I normally only use wood or aluminum substrates for outdoor signage. I would print on my HP latex on adhesive vinyl and mount to 1/2 RTG wood or 6mm aluminum. I'm just wondering is there another way to do this so it has a higher end look vs an outdoor commercial real estate sign look? I'm just looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

MikePro

+1 to suggestion above. direct print with a flatbed UV printer is the only way to go here.
Unless you just print your decal with a faux-woodgrain or print onto a vinyl with a metallic finish/grain to fake it....but its never as good as the real thing.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
It’s probably good for sign makers to be aware of so-called “high end” art printing shops specializing in image products for interior decorating such as those found here…
https://www.whitewall.com/us

Besides WhiteWall, sometimes local photo labs are perfectly capable of producing large interior prints on wood and metal and UV machines are not necessarily required at all.

Good luck.