• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High Performance vinyl on outdoor painted brick wall

John HC

Happy Monday, all...
looking for tips, tricks and/or recommendations for applying high performance vinyl letters to outside brick wall(not much texture)...letters are roughly 22.25" tall - 4 words installed separately, largest word is roughly 135" wide, shortest is 82.5" wide. Vinyl lettering was up there before, has been on there at least 10 years - I have seen it over the years - was deteriorating in the last year -they finally removed the original and repainted the wall - looking for quote now - that is where I come in...
(I know for a fact that it was vinyl letters up there, just don't know if they used high performance or intermediate...)

thanks

Billct2

I wouldn't even consider intermediate. Either the best cast material or one of the vinyls made specifically for rough surfaces.
But since it had vinyl for 10 years I would assume it was regular cast vinyl.

TimToad

I can't imagine getting anything but rough surface or cast wrap vinyl to adhere to a textured surface like that for any length of time. Painting the wall with an oil based gloss enamel would also help. Or you could seek out one of the older generation hand letterers in the area and sub it out to them.

John HC

I was up in a bucket truck on Saturday measuring, it was just cut vinyl up there...I am in agreement that nothing but cast vinyl - in the very least, would work...

thanks all...

TXFB.INS

you mention a "repainted surface" how long ago and what type of paint was used? specifically make sure that it has out-gassed before putting the vinyl on.

for that time span it has to be Cast on the wall

John HC

..I was thinking the same thing with the out-gassing - I know it was re-painted in the last 2 weeks..I will verify with customer