• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High pitched noise coming from Toucan LT print head

oozawekwun

An annoying high pitched noise started coming from my 4 year old Toucan LT 64 this morning. It appears to come from the print head as it prints. When the head is parked it does not make this noise. There's two fans, one on each side of the print head. I'm hoping it just one of those fans. Anyone have any ideas as to what would emit this noise from the print head?

TJ

SE SignSupply

Toucan Sam is screeching for his fruit loops.

LOL!

Prinheads also make a high pitch pulsing noise as the crystals fire. Similar to what a TV sounds like when the sound is turned off. Also, for some reason older people can't hear it but younger ones can?

Could just be the bearings though... :thumb:

oozawekwun

Randya, I'll be lubricating the races today. The head does move smoothly but I haven't lubricated the races in quite a while. Thanks the the info.

This morning the noise is gone. I turned the printer off last night, came in this morning and started a job and no noise, but I am a day older!

When my son comes into the office today I'll see if he can hear that high pitched noise. We just went through this hearing issue with his biology homework. There's a web site where you can listen to various frequency sounds. My kids could hear the higher pitched sounds and I couldn't. The older you get the harder it is to hear those higher frequencies.

So, maybe the noise is still there, I just can't hear it. If the sound is coming from the heads would this be a sign of something bad going to happen or would it be normal?

TJ

oozawekwun

Solved....

It appears the noise was coming from one of the two fans that are on either side of the print head. I discovered this when in the administration panel and found a way to turn on the fans while the head was stationary. When running the fans are producing this noise.

TJ

randya

It appears the noise was coming from one of the two fans that are on either side of the print head. I discovered this when in the administration panel and found a way to turn on the fans while the head was stationary. When running the fans are producing this noise.

TJ

Great info!

Thanks...