• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High relief Lighthouse

Mal

Hi there. Need to make a very tall high relief lighthouse. I've done dimensional work in fast set cement on a lightweight armature, but would welcome any other suggestions regarding sculpting materials. Weight is my main concern.
Thanks...Mal

Offsite Picture Deleted.....

Automated message:

Please observe Signs 101 rules on posting pictures found here
www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35000

Last edited by a moderator:

SignManiac

How cold does it get in Fitzroy? PVC can be engineered to be lightweight and have amazing strength. HDU is another good material choice. Don't rule out polystyrene with a urethane hard coat either.

Mal

oops then---didn't quite know how to add pic...just followed the prompts on this screen. Thanks for the advice. And Mikey Oh--I'll post a proper shot when it's done, and I have the photo protocol figured out :)
--Mal

attachment.php

Attachments

• JimWrightLighthouserevised.jpg
    JimWrightLighthouserevised.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:

Mal

Got that lighthouse and the rest done. Not sure how to link the thumbnail...but it's in my pics here. I ended up using celfort insulating styrofoam for the body, and using three minute set cement over adhesive drywall mesh as a sculpting medium. It ended up quite light weight, thank goodness.