• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High service temperature vinyl

sstevesc

Dynamic Decal & Printing
Good morning all,

I have been poking around the forum for a few months now, as I just got into the biz with a HP Latex 335 and HP 64 Cutter (Print & Cut) and Rollover table a few months ago (December 2017). Being pretty new at this, I am struggling with selecting materials here and there. Can anyone help me find a printable vinyl that can with stand service temperatures of 300F? My customers specifications are below:

Description: Two part construction, second surface printed; Graphics are printed on back side of base material, adhesive material is then applied, sandwiching printed graphics between two materials.

-Adhesive: 0.010” pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive 3M VHB Adhesive Transfer Tape with Adhesive 100MP - F-9473PC
-Base: 0.007” clear heat stabilized polyester Autostat CT7 Premask: Pressure sensitive rubber backed printable paper, coated with a latex adhesive.
-Durability: 3-5 year anticipated outdoor life depending on exposure conditions.

Another application this same customer has is to print on .003" Mylar. I haven't been able to confirm if this can be done or not with my equipment, has anyone tried this?

And lastly, I have found the below material, but only in sheet blanks, does anyone know if this is available in rolls? 24, 36, 48", and if its latex printable?
· 3m Label material No. 7983
· Facestock [.0033”] thick matte silver polyester
· Adhesive: 3M No. 300 Acrylic [.008”] thick
· Liner: 3M 90# Polycoated [.0067”] thick
· Overlaminate: [0.001”] thick clear overlaminate with protection from solvents (Ref. CSA Acceptance File 99316)
· Must be suitable for petroleum based oils and solvents
· -40-300 deg F
· Indoor or Outdoor use
· Includes quick release liner with split
· Premask: Pressure sensitive rubber backed printable paper, coated with a latex adhesive

Sorry for the fun one first thing in the morning! I've been trying to land this customer for a few weeks now, it seems as though they are testing my abilities!

Steve

shadowgrapher

Steve, No vinyl will stand up to the 300 degree service temp as vinyl begins to melt at @ 180. Polyester would be the way to go but I doubt if you can print it with the Latex. What they are asking for is a subsurface printed overlay on CT7, most likely screen printed.

sstevesc

Dynamic Decal & Printing
Steve, No vinyl will stand up to the 300 degree service temp as vinyl begins to melt at @ 180. Polyester would be the way to go but I doubt if you can print it with the Latex. What they are asking for is a subsurface printed overlay on CT7, most likely screen printed.

Ok thanks for your help, I was afraid of that.