• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High temperature vinyl???

g&eprinting

Anyone seen this hoopla.?

After recieving a couple of calls of this high temp vinyl for brake calipers and valve covers I did some searching from my manufactuers and found zip..

Are they marketing regular cast vinyl as high temp (ploy) to get (fool) new customers?

Do a search of " high temp vinyl decals" and see the madness.

I don't know of a vinyl alone that will stand those temps. But there are thermo tapes that you could lay down first that obsorb the heat and then vinyl over that. You can also apply some different clear coats that will keep the print from melting and what not. Seems like alot of work when you could just paint them.

kklabelusa

I have not heard of "high temp vinyl" but I have used my companies calendared cutting vinyl on my personal calipers with a clear over it. It has been a year so far with no problems. Here's a picture just to show the durability of regular calendared vinyl through heat for your future reference.

Attachments

• 20120705_222614.jpg
    20120705_222614.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 1,349
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Reynolds

I have not heard of "high temp vinyl" but I have used my companies calendared cutting vinyl on my personal calipers with a clear over it. It has been a year so far with no problems. Here's a picture just to show the durability of regular calendared vinyl through heat for your future reference.

Anyone else notice the nice cross hatch marks on the rotor? :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

mopar691

Yes. Means it is still on jack stands.:Big Laugh

Or never been drove.

Takes a few laps at the track but they will cook off. Under any normal and even hard street driving the caliper itself will not get extremely hot all the time.

Commute back and fourth to work and jam out on the weekends at the local 7/11 with your buds and sure, your calipers and rotors will look pretty and shiny all year long.

But put some good ceramic pads in there, drive it like a test driver for car and track, and by lap 3 the powder coating is gone, rotors are grooved about .040 in and what was your decal is now dust off in the wind.

Last edited:

slipperyfrog

Those wheels have not touched the street yet.

Nice that you want to push your companies product but lying is the wrong way to do it.

Last edited:

kklabelusa

Sorry for the misunderstanding and confusion. Everyone is correct, those are new rotors and my car was on jack stand due to the fact that you're not supposed to resurface cross drilled rotors so I had just replaced them. When the picture was taken rotors were brand new, calipers were used. The wheels were just on to check for clearance of the calipers before I get them re-lipped. They don't even have tires on them in the picture. Once again, sorry for the confusion. If anyone is around Azusa area feel free to come take a look at the calipers and the vinyl that is on there, they are on my daily driven car.

kklabelusa

Also if you googled "vinyl on calipers" there are plenty of people that has used vinyl on calipers for years. I don't know if they clear coat over it but I did clear coat mine.

g&eprinting

I'm sure they'll last for a bit either way. Cast more than calendared. I was just saying all this marketing to call it high temp a little crazy.

I know there is a poly for powder coating that takes the heat but not in many colors.