• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hiring Vehicle Wrapper Cost

morty87

Check Craigslist. Vancouver area is generally $30iah an hour for installers on call. But that's from a shop that hired these people every other day.

Wages in Vancouver are low in every industry. $50 is too high for our area. You could likely get some of the highest tier for that price, depending on how much work you give them.

As others have said though, it's better to pay by sqft. Why pay the guy who takes 8 hour s to wrap a vehicle $400 when a more experienced pro can do it in 5, do a better job and will only get $250.

And Vancouver rates are way different than USA rates.. You need to find out what you can afford to pay, and charge that. What works for one shop doesn't work for every shop.

Vancouver has too many car wrap shops. There's dozens, and the pricing is brutal. Unless you plan on going at it hard core, having enough work to keep the contractor happy and around,and being very competitive in prices, it's probably best to farm it out.

Wrap guys will install for $75 a. Hour... There's also vehicle graphics, SII, Etc. If youre only.doing a wrap a month.
. It's best to farm it out to a reputable shop than try to find a contractor who will stick around for a job a month.

Ok, I am really small and it is mostly a hobby for me at the moment but am I getting busier an busier with posters, canvases and decal stuff so I will farm the actual wrapping portion out if shops will take it like that. I am going to do the print though so...not sure if anyone would want to do that. I will find out soon enough I guess. lol Thanks for the info.

ikarasu

Wrap guys charge $75 an hour if you provide prints. You may be able to work out a sqft deal sInce you're not.a.customer and will be sending them more with than one vehicle

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I haven't been following the whole thread, but a larger shop's price will likely not encompass the whole cost of the overhead. If a small shop has a $8k month overhead and can produce 2-3 orders an hour while a larger shop is closer to (5:1) $40k a month but can produce 10-15 orders an hour; their pricing should be about the same. If the $40k month shop is producing 1:1 with the smaller shop, then that's just bad business management on the larger shop's part. These numbers are obviously made up, but I'd expect a $40k month shop doing the same type of work as a $8k a month shop to have better pricing than them anyway.

Exactly my point. (my comment you were quoting was sarcasm). Someone on here thinks more overhead = higher prices.

Tim Toad said: "And BOTH (overhead & material costs) need to be incorporated into the price if one expects to fully cover all the costs and expenses related to opening and creating a successful business. Its not complicated and applies to every type of business in existence."

Sorry, Tim, it's a pride thing. I can't let you have the last word ;)