• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hmm I'll Try Here...

Knep

I posted this on the flexi board, but no replies.

I have searched and cant seem to find what I am looking for. My JV3 works fine off the same setup on my old windows xp. I have upgraded to a newer computer with Windows 7 on it. I put a brand new firewire card in, it installed fine, and the Mimaki shows up in Device manager. The problem is when I got to production manager and add setup, the Mimaki_FireWire port does not show up...anyone have any help? Running 8.1 pro by the way...

Thanks,
Mike!

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
What version of Flexi are you using? 8.1? I don't remember if that's compatible with Win 7 or not. Have you checked that?

Knep

USB001
USB002
LTP1

are what is out of view...

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 143

bannertime

In case Jburns method doesn't work.

I'm sorry, not in Flexi PM, but I meant the actual Device Manager. One of my plotters uses it's USB Driver and it's location is "USB Printing Support." My Flexi sees it as Vinyl Express USB driver. However, I'm wondering what your computer is seeing for the Mimaki_Firewire Port.

There is a reason to why I'm asking, but I can't really explain it unless your computer is assigning an actual physical or virtual port to the Mimaki_Firewire Port driver.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 118

Knep

Try this - right click your flexi icon- find the compatibility area - select run as XP

Thank you! You are my HERO! I actually had to do that for production manager as well, but im printing from a pc that was not built in 2003 now!