• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hmmmm...am i being scammed?

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
The credit cards number is fake or stolen. The shipping charges you have to pay for and that is where they get your money.

Here is a very interesting site. http://www.419eater.com/ Look at all the bright and smiling faces in the photo gallery.

gabagoo

how is it that you would pay the shipping charges when they clearly state that they will pay them with the credit card?
Not sure how anyone falls for chit like this?

Mosh

I just sent an e-mail to that guy...

Yes kind sir we take all major cards. Yes I am the owner most kind sir.
Please Respond on the decal order. I am most happy to be servicing you kind sir.
Thank you most kindly,
Punjag McGoober.

wwsigns

New print Scam?

I just got this one.....it sounds a little bit more sophisticated but still has the same basic requests and bad writing. You say they somehow make money from the shipping or a bad credit card?

Check it out from dalebusiness:

Hello Sir/ Madam,

I'm Mr. Scott Dale and I'm sending you an email regarding an order of some labels.I want to know if you can special make them for me if you can below are the sizes and quantities of labels i want you to place an order for me.

What to Print: GHANA BLACK STARS.
Size of labels : 1 3/8" x 4 1/4
Font : Times New Roman Font style: Bold Size : 10
What to print on : white gloss paper
Color of printing : Red
Style of printing : Should be in the middle of the paper
Quantity of labels : 200,000

Please these are the quantities and what i want you to print on the labels for me can you please email me back the grand total cost include tax and without delivery as the labels will be picked up from your location okay. Also do you take visa card or master card? Please i don't have an art work for these labels but you can make an art work and send it to me so that i can approve for you to continue the order ok so i will be glad to have a quote back from you and then we move on with the art work. Thank you and look forward to your quick reply.

Sincerely,

Mr. Scott Dale
Tel: +1-201-535-3301
E-mail: dalebusiness2@gmail.com

:help

fmg

It is a scam so do not follow through with it.
Here is one I received yesterday.
Hello Sir/ Madam,

I'm Mr. Scott Dale and I'm sending you an email regarding an order of some labels.I want to know if you can special make them for me if you can below are the sizes and quantities of labels i want you to place an order for me.

What to Print: GHANA BLACK STARS.
Size of labels : 1 3/8" x 4 1/4
Font : Times New Roman Font style: Bold Size : 10
What to print on : white gloss paper
Color of printing : Red
Style of printing : Should be in the middle of the paper
Quantity of labels : 200,000

Please these are the quantities and what i want you to print on the labels for me can you please email me back the grand total cost include tax and without delivery as the labels will be picked up from your location okay. Also do you take visa card or master card? Please i don't have an art work for these labels but you can make an art work and send it to me so that i can approve for you to continue the order ok so i will be glad to have a quote back from you and then we move on with the art work. Thank you and look forward to your quick reply.

Sincerely,

Mr. Scott Dale

Pat Whatley

It's sad that people actually do still fall for these scams. I was talking to a friend of mine a few weeks ago and he was telling me about a shop in South Alabama that just closed because they got taken on one of these orders for t-shirts and decals and it completely ruined them.

Graphics2u

180,000 stickers for Rev. Ricky???? and you have to ask if it's a scam?

Tell him to stop by, and you can discuss it.