• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hockey arena rink boards

reQ

Wondering if any one here does print rink boards for hockey arena in mass production? I am talking about 150+ pieces at one time. Sizes are 30x120 & 30x96. Printed & laminated (they install them themselves.
Also,there is no substrate, just a big decal, thats it.
Question is, what is your price tag on job like that? Cheapest removable vinyl & cal lam.

reQ

at our arena they have white rink boards & they just stick them to it once beaten up, remove & install fresh one

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We'd be $100/$125 each, for cheapest stuff. Doesn't matter how many. If it was our standard intermediate, I'd be around $185/$225

GUnit111

We apply the design to 1/16 polystyrene; if printed no laminate. Hockey arena mounts the polystyrene sheet to the boards and mounts clear lexan over the polystyrene.

reQ

We'd be $100/$125 each, for cheapest stuff. Doesn't matter how many. If it was our standard intermediate, I'd be around $185/$225

i was at $100 at the start, but thing was, some print shop from Calgary scooped many WHL teams to do all their prints, i was given a choice to match it or don't bother. Had to match $65 ea at 150+ pieces. Hate see our local team's money going somewhere else. Not making to much, but trying to build a relation with the organization i guess

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
i was at $100 at the start, but thing was, some print shop from Calgary scooped many WHL teams to do all their prints, i was given a choice to match it or don't bother. Had to match $65 ea at 150+ pieces. Hate see our local team's money going somewhere else. Not making to much, but trying to build a relation with the organization i guess

EW. no way for $65. $3.25 a sf? Not even for 150 signs. Giving away $5000 isn't real smart.

reQ

EW. no way for $65. $3.25 a sf? Not even for 150 signs. Giving away $5000 isn't real smart.
Well, i had a choice, do it or let them give business outside of our province. I am finishing 162 pieces right now, took me 7 working days. $1843 in material (cheapest i could find at the moment). So made over 8k. Not a huge money, but im not installing, just printing & laminating.

And yes, i am a small shop & understand that bigger set up would be able to finish this order faster.

reQ

Hey, an order is an order. Sometimes you have to bend your own rules in order to keep the money coming in. We all hate it, but have to do it sometimes.

Just out curiosity....you said it took you 7 working days but you only started this thread yesterday. Are we in a time warp...or is my math getting worse as the years go by?? :omg:
Nope, i started it last week. Just decided to create a topic to see what people are getting for same stuff. You know, you always think about stuff right when you are almost finshed it :)

It was done & signed deal in june yet.