• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hockey rink dasher decals

GVP

Greetings! Has anyone any knowledge of using some kind of powder between decals to enable temporary decals to be stuck over existing decals, and then cleanly removed afterwards? French chalk? Sounds a bit risky if the temporary decals release during a game?

signman315

Signmaker
have you tried a removable vinyl? Oracal 3621 w/ 210 lam or even a 3m180 w/ 8520 would remove cleanly when applied to other vinyl.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
If I’m understanding you correctly, you are putting a graphic over an existing graphic and then removing soon after.

Look into the EZ Dot vinyl or the micro-suction type vinyls out there.

Easy to install and then remove

Superior_Adam

Depends on how the dasher was originally manufactured. We produce ours with a thicker scratch resistant type lam to make them last longer. If you have that then you could just apply over the top of that and remove after no problem. I would stay clear of the EZ Dot micro suction type materials as I don't think that would hold up with the abuse a hockey dasher takes. I would also not use any kind of powder between the two as that would reduce the adhesion as well.

GVP

Thanks for responses. The powder thing is something we've seen used, but not used ourselves - and was curious if anyone else had info about it. As I said, concerned that they would release prematurely. Unfortunately, our rink doesn't change the decals too often, so they get beat up pretty bad and I fear any decal stuck over the top will just pull the underlying ones off.

Case

Been using 3m 3555 for 20+ years for temporary usage over existing hockey boards for 1 game events, etc... Removes clean... No laminate...

Case

Christian @ 2CT Media

EZ Dot works fine in that situation. We have used the product for overlays on dashers for indoor soccer, as short-term counter overlays, and also overlays for wraps for parades and etc. Never damages the lower product and is tough and durable depending on the lam used.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Greetings! Has anyone any knowledge of using some kind of powder between decals to enable temporary decals to be stuck over existing decals, and then cleanly removed afterwards? French chalk? Sounds a bit risky if the temporary decals release during a game?

This material called XBase is made just for that purpose, nothing will ever permanently bond to your graphic or anything that has XBase on top of it.