Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hola from the north west

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by watsondesigns, Jul 17, 2010.

1. watsondesigns

watsondesigns New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Hello there!! I have worked in a few sign shops, I am a self taught graphic designer. I know photoshop, illustrator, corel draw, corel photopaint, flexi, and composer. I have worked with summa plotters, gerber edge, and my favorite a roland soljet. I have been out of the industry for a couple years but plan on making a slow comeback. The first little while will be mostly making stuff for myself using a friends printer so i will mostly have questions on materials as I plan on doing some experimenting. Bear with me, as I do plan to go big in the next few years, so I may ask odd questions with little explanation... Don't want to give up my ideas quite yet ;)

Tags:
  2. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Officially a small world....

3. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

4. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    Welcome from way down here in Texas,,,

5. "Deposit Please"

"Deposit Please" Active Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Illinois
    Hi Watson, From Chi-town
    Not sure what you mean by "I don't want to give up my ideas yet"

6. watsondesigns

watsondesigns New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    flame....this is starting to get weird hahaha you crack me up!

Basically what I. Mean is yes I know signs and graphics is a huge industry with a wide spectrum of specialties.... however I'm quite certain there are several members on here that specialize in my specific industry.... I've been burned before on sharing ideas not gonna happen again so that's what that means :)

7. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from OK

8. Marco

Marco Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Welcome :Welcome:

9. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    lol i'm not going to share my ideas ..let me guess 'trade secrets' haha.but i expect everyone else to share theirs and answer my questions...and what in the world is up with your location "everywhere" moderators I thought this was not allowed anymore...

whatever... welcome... i guess/...

10. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    ditto

11. watsondesigns

watsondesigns New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    i live in talent Oregon. Didn't want to disclose my info because I used to work for a sign shop here and my boss is a bipolar *******, and I didn't necessarily want him harassing me on here is that better? and i have ideas about chrome, multi layering, and over-laminate effects that are not trade secrets, believe me the shop I worked for is not capable of anything deserving of bragging rights or keeping secret..... just ideas I want to test out. Does that make you smile :)

12. watsondesigns

watsondesigns New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Btw I travel on a weekly basis all over the country, so technically, I literally am EVERYWHERE. I was in California yesterday, home today and in less than 48 hours I will be in Washington. I find it quite redundant to change my location status to keep up with my place for every moment in time. I figured "everywhere" covered the basis ;)