• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Holiday time. Should I flush the heads or just leave on.

Tizz

What do you guys do?

We are planning a trip for about 3 weeks and was told by our tech to flush the heads of ink and leave off.
I've never flushed the heads and the most we've been away was a week.
The printer has always been on since, except for the occasional sub power and main power down to replace parts. But mostly subpower is on and the machine sleeps after 15mins of inactivity. I was thinking of turning the sub power off and let the printer do its periodical operation to keep the heads from drying out. Even if our power goes down (which hardly ever does), the printers main switch is already flicked on and connected to a surge power board protector then the wall socket.
Would appreciate your opinions on this. I'm keen either way, but will definitely go with what's best.

Thanks

Doubletake

No Problem

We have left our SP 540i for almost 4 weeks with just the sub power on and auto cleanings. I cleaned it before we left. Came back and went right to work no problem.

Mysigns4u

I am in the same boat we have a lawn service and off in the winter and go to Thailand 30 days I just hired a babysitter.