• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Honda Red

dortonracing

Ok Guys and Gals, Im printing some atv graphics using Convex and Proshield, And was wondering how to match the Honda Red, Or any of the other atv/mx colors, Also i have to print a Green to match for the GNCC's number plate color any info would be wonderful thank you.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Since every machine is going to output differently, I would say make a file with a few shades of red and gree and adjust the rgb/cmyk values of each swatch. Print that out and see which one looks best or decide from the samples what you need to adjust further. Find the good or close swatch and keep adjusting values in your software until you get it right. Or if you have a pantone or cmyk swatch chart you can print that for future reference. You will still likely have to adjust since even a good pantone chart will still be a fraction of what your printer is capable of

TresL

+1
Also look at it in different lights.
Mainly direct sunlight as that is where it will be veiwed most of the time.

dortonracing

I just had the feeling you all would say (color chart) lol ok thats what i planned on but didn't know if someone had it close or not thank you will post result when im done

heyskull

And so the challenge begins....LOL
In reality there is no such thing as colour matching on a 4 colour machine.
It's all your best guess and then sometimes it's impossible.
Just make it something close stick to your standard profiles and adjust them on the design.

SC