• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Honey Cut?

ScottyAdams

Has anyone heard this term before? I have a customer requesting a Honey Cut (who isnt quite sure themselves what it is). Im just curious has anyone else heard this term before? Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can ya back up a little and explain how it was posed to you in it's entirety ??

ScottyAdams

ok so after our sales person asked more about it the customer responded with this...

"I would need this image cut into Honeycutt or another material appropriate for sandblasting."

with an attached vector logo.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, some of those terms go together, like sandblasting and vector images. It must be some sort of wood, cardboard, composite wood or something. You'd be best off asking them for their explanation. Just be honest and tell them it's not a common term used in our industry.

SignManiac

Wasn't Anchor that made buttercut sandblast stencil, it was 3M. I used it long ago before switching to Anchor.

letterman7

What you should really be asking yourself is how your customer knows what the material is that is used for sandblasting. Isn't that your job?

MikePro

"I would need this image cut into Honeycutt or another material appropriate for sandblasting."

...still never heard of it, but I'm also inclined to believe that they want sandblasting mask.

Attachments

• SS 2013-12-02 at 10.15.04 PM.jpg
    SS 2013-12-02 at 10.15.04 PM.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 116

Dovette

Stinger Coroplast?

First thing that came to my mind when reading this was Stinger Coroplast.
It's pretty cool stuff--Environmentally friendly, non-yellowing, weather resistant. It's pretty sturdy, and usually comes in a 5 mil thickness.

Attachments

• Coroplast-2.jpg
    Coroplast-2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 107

Dovette

Yeah, I don't think it can be sandblasted. (Sorry, I just now caught in your first post that the customer needed/wanted the substrate sandblasted.)
It's made from polypropylene resin.

Mostly Stinger Coroplast is used for
Heavy-duty or semi-permanent signage, outdoor signage, hanging signage, convention/trade show booths ect ect.

Usually it's used in place of PVC, plastic laminated foam board, and wood products (plywood, MDF, OSB, ect.).

ChicagoGraphics

I don't do any sandblasting but can Honeycut be some kind of blasted grain effect?

I put in honey cut sign blasting in Google and it took me to honey cut images, it seems to be the background.

honey cut sandblasted signs Google images