• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Hood Decal for 82 Chevy Corvette

chrism

I had a customer stop in today and is looking to replace the decal on the hood of his Vette. I attached a picture of what it looks like. Any one out there have a source or a template and know what color of vinyl if we go the route of printing the fade?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.33.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 2.33.45 PM.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 292

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Pretty sure those were a screened decal. It'd be hard to get a real nice fade on an inkjet print, which would probably need to be on clear.

Sign Works

We have this handy dandy little tool called the internet, do a search and you might just surprise yourself. Took me a less than a minute to find this one.

https://www.ecklerscorvette.com/1982-corvette-phoenix-graphix-decal-kit-collector-edition-fader-hood-only-stripes.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplp25-397746-1&sc_intid=25-397746-1&utm_campaign=sc_shopping_remnant&msclkid=99d8404d4e0c1f9d2b7d1e6b1085ff2b&utm_term=4582695747442325&utm_content=All Products

It's not going to the item from the link, go to the website and enter
1982 Corvette Phoenix Graphix Decal Kit, Collector Edition Fader Hood Only Stripes
in the search

I've purchased several of the Trans Am eagle hood decals from Classic Industries which are screenprinted on 2 mil cast clear vinyl either 3M or Avery, Got to do a wet app to get the decal to conform to the compound contours of the hood and you CANNOT touch the glue side of the decal or you'll end up with a nice finger print showing through the clear decal. These decals are costly so charge accordingly to install.

Last edited: