Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Hood Decal for 82 Chevy Corvette

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by chrism, Jan 20, 2020.

1. chrism

chrism New Member

Jan 9, 2020
    Kansas
    I had a customer stop in today and is looking to replace the decal on the hood of his Vette. I attached a picture of what it looks like. Any one out there have a source or a template and know what color of vinyl if we go the route of printing the fade?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Pretty sure those were a screened decal. It'd be hard to get a real nice fade on an inkjet print, which would probably need to be on clear.

3. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    We have this handy dandy little tool called the internet, do a search and you might just surprise yourself. Took me a less than a minute to find this one.

https://www.ecklerscorvette.com/1982-corvette-phoenix-graphix-decal-kit-collector-edition-fader-hood-only-stripes.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplp25-397746-1&sc_intid=25-397746-1&utm_campaign=sc_shopping_remnant&msclkid=99d8404d4e0c1f9d2b7d1e6b1085ff2b&utm_term=4582695747442325&utm_content=All Products

It's not going to the item from the link, go to the website and enter
    1982 Corvette Phoenix Graphix Decal Kit, Collector Edition Fader Hood Only Stripes
    in the search

I've purchased several of the Trans Am eagle hood decals from Classic Industries which are screenprinted on 2 mil cast clear vinyl either 3M or Avery, Got to do a wet app to get the decal to conform to the compound contours of the hood and you CANNOT touch the glue side of the decal or you'll end up with a nice finger print showing through the clear decal. These decals are costly so charge accordingly to install.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020