• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hooked up new printer, screwed up colors on old printer

IsItFasst

Finally broke down and bought a new (to me) VS-300i to help out with my old SP-300v and for some reason now my SP colors are all way off. I double checked and I'm using the same profile I always have been using so not sure why the sudden change. Only thing I changed was the name so it's easier to differentiate between the two printers when choosing each one. One more odd thing is it seems to default to the new printer every time I go to print which is annoying since I don't have it profiled yet. Maybe the two things are related?

Edit: I finally just deleted the new machine as I have production to do but even that didn't fix it. Colors turned out different than the previous test print that were way off but so were these just in a different way. Finally shut down both software and PM and that fixed it. But now I'm concerned on how the hell am I going to run this new machine if PM wants to screw up my good profile on the old machine. Has anyone experienced anything like this when adding a second printer?

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Finally broke down and bought a new (to me) VS-300i to help out with my old SP-300v and for some reason now my SP colors are all way off. I double checked and I'm using the same profile I always have been using so not sure why the sudden change. Only thing I changed was the name so it's easier to differentiate between the two printers when choosing each one. One more odd thing is it seems to default to the new printer every time I go to print which is annoying since I don't have it profiled yet. Maybe the two things are related?

Edit: I finally just deleted the new machine as I have production to do but even that didn't fix it. Colors turned out different than the previous test print that were way off but so were these just in a different way. Finally shut down both software and PM and that fixed it. But now I'm concerned on how the hell am I going to run this new machine if PM wants to screw up my good profile on the old machine. Has anyone experienced anything like this when adding a second printer?
I've never ran those Roland machines but it sounds like a profile conflict. They may use the same profiles and the newer machine overrode the older one.

IsItFasst

I don't think it has anything to do with the machines but Flexi seems to be using the new profile on the old machine for some reason. Even though I have separate profiles for each machine. Surely Flexi doesn't require you use the same profile for all machines hooked to that computer but is what it seems.

IsItFasst

Decided to try again today since I know SAI isn't super fast to respond to support tickets (if at all). But same results. As soon as I plugged in the set up for the VS my SP wouldn't print colors right again. Deleted the VS printer from production manager but still printed wrong. Closed PM; colors still off. Closed Flex and restarted; colors still off. Finally figured out I needed to completely shut off my SP and restart it for the colors to print properly. Not sure if that is relevant but it seems as soon as I add the VS printer to production manager my SP thinks it should be using that profile (or no profile; not really sure what it's doing) and it won't drop that bad profile until I restart the machine. Does this make sense to anyone?

player

Can you manually point to the old and new profile files?

Can you find the folders that hold the different profiles?

Is there a default profile folder for each printer?

IsItFasst

I can select what output profile I want used on either printer even though it is showing the default one correctly for each printer. If I go into C:/Program Files (x86)/SAi/SAi Production Suite Cloud/Profiles there is one named "default.upc" but if I go into /default/ folder there is nothing in there. Oddly I have another folder for SAi Production Suite Cloud1 but there isn't near as much information in there. I think it is there from a botched install years ago.