• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hooking up Printer to computer

DRPSignsNGrafix

Ok got a question. At the shop my Mutoh 1604 is hooked up on network, I came to fla and am set up in hotel. No network. Plugged Cat 5 cable into Printer and computer. Can not open port. Can someone please help. Thanks.
Mike

grafixhenk

Yes there is a straight through standard cat5 cable when connecting through a hub, crossover is for direct connection without going through a hub

grafixhenk

If you have the right driver and IP settings yes. If used on flexi the drivers are built in and all you need to do is set the IP settings

DRPSignsNGrafix

ok how do i get the IP settings for the card? So that i can change them in the printer. Here what I am hooked up with.

Computer is connected to a wireless internet in Hotel.
Printer is next to it. I want to just plug in a cable to printer from computer. If i get a crossover cable, What do i do after that. I know how to change the IP in the mutoh but what address do i use?

grafixhenk

If you have a manual there should be suggested settings for connecting your printer to your pc. I am not familiar with the 1604 so I can not help you there.

jiarby

you can also just use a 4port dlink switch or hub... make your own teensie network!!

Give everyone a static IP

DRPSignsNGrafix

It's a hotel, cause i'm down here for a big show. And brought it to make lots of decals. Ok so I need to use a Hub? Just a crossover cable won't work? So i need to get a hub and then just plug it in and give it a ISP address?