• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hooptech Gen 2

WildWestDesigns

I had purchased them during a show and returned them about 2 wks after they came in. I knew a lot of people that were happy with them, but the key thing here is, it's going to depend on if the embroidery machine's OEM hat hooping is good or bad as to get or not get these (or if trying to increase embroidery surface on hats compared to OEM hoops, if that is dictated by the machine like it is for some brands). I have had several brands of embroidery machines over the decades and by far the Barudan had the best means of hooping a hat (and that's what I had that it dwarfed hooptech). I have liked hooptech for the flats. Not as good as Mighty Hoops, but they were miles better compared to the OEM style. The hats, not so much. I was disillusioned compared to how many people said that they liked them (most also didn't have a Barudan, so I have to wonder if their OEM hat hooping was just that much sub par, but that is me speculating).

Fbermudez

I had purchased them during a show and returned them about 2 wks after they came in. I knew a lot of people that were happy with them, but the key thing here is, it's going to depend on if the embroidery machine's OEM hat hooping is good or bad as to get or not get these (or if trying to increase embroidery surface on hats compared to OEM hoops, if that is dictated by the machine like it is for some brands). I have had several brands of embroidery machines over the decades and by far the Barudan had the best means of hooping a hat (and that's what I had that it dwarfed hooptech). I have liked hooptech for the flats. Not as good as Mighty Hoops, but they were miles better compared to the OEM style. The hats, not so much. I was disillusioned compared to how many people said that they liked them (most also didn't have a Barudan, so I have to wonder if their OEM hat hooping was just that much sub par, but that is me speculating).
I agree after trading my swf for the zsk the hat hooping system of the zsk was way better so I stopped using the gen2.
I mostly usw for bucket hats, but i did get the backnhat system and I do use that a lot.