• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help horizontal banding in blue colors only (L26500)

stealey

what did you clean the electrical connectors on the printhead with? we have some cleaning sponges with our latex machines, we have had issues before when we have not properly cleaned the printhead connectors and the inside of the carriage where the printhead slots in, make sure all the electrical bits on both are cleaned then perform a hard clean and maybe a manual alignment, (if you can do that on a 26500?) not sure but i know you can on the later models. also i agree with the other comment don't forget about the magenta as sometimes it can look like one colour but it can be the other that is the issue.

Attachments

• DSC_0652.JPG
    DSC_0652.JPG
    714.6 KB · Views: 247

Bly

Probably a head. Sometimes the test prints look fine but they still can't print without banding.

spooledUP7

It looks like a bad printhead, but your tests look perfect. It could be a profile issue where the ink limits for LM and LC are slightly off. You could try another profile to see if that fixes it.
The LM and LC inks are slowly ramped in and out to mix with M and C and if you are printing a color which falls in this transition gamut and your ink limit curves are slightly off then I would imagine you would see this type of issue.

I think you can test this by printing a series of M and C gradients. I would print them vertically and horizontally to see if you are getting a band near the 20-30% range.