• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horizontal lines

msenjur

Hello

sometimes im getting these horizontal lines in print. I did a photo, but it doesnt cleary show them.

I can see that ink is layed differently every second line...

It happens occasionaly... i did strong cleaning, i maually clean head yesterday. turn up heaters...

Probably when i will start new print these lines will be gone... as usually.

Im just wondering why they show up???

randya

Sounds like chromatic banding.
Ink is layed down in different order during each pass of Bi-directional printing.
I.e. from right to left it may be KCMY
But from left to right it will be YMCK.

Printing Uni-directional will solve this issue.
Raising or lower the heater settings can help as well, usually lowering the temps.

msenjur

Vmishev: i would send a photo, but i dont have enaugh good camera! I took some photos... will post it...

Randya:
Yeah, uniderctional prints so slow, and i had a job, that was in hurry.... Temperature - it was set to 30 celzium... i think i cant get much lower...

Attachments

• 20120308_114206[1].jpg
    20120308_114206[1].jpg
    186 KB · Views: 80

dj_elite

I have the same issues on certain colors. Seems to be mostly dark blues and greens. I havent sorted it out. Seems to happen randomly

randya

Hard to tell, but it looks like chromatic.
Sometime (depending on media, environment) higher temperatures can help.

Also important that Bi-direction alignments are good.

msenjur

ok, im going throug google with this chromatic banding... I noticed, that this is pretty comonn problem with printers. Everybody are suggesting uni-directional printing as solution. ok... if you have time, its no problem... but if you are in hurry like me, than that could be a problem... but ok... lets say that is only solution i've got...

I would like to know why some prints that i did doesnt have these bandings? It was same file, same profile, same vinyl, same temperature,...