• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horizontal Scaling on rastek/daytona

artbot

never noticed that my printer is printing wide. (daytona h700)

just did a test and it printed a 55" x 55" box

results
55" deep exact
55 3/16" wide?

how does one adjust the horizontal width? the rip shows no compensation or the firmware window that i can see.

thanks!

aa

growler

I know its obvious but it's not just a grubby or damaged encoder strip and/or reader? I had an issue on an older machine and it was all down to the encoder strip so it is always my 1st port of call with oversized images.

artbot

i'll look at it. it's not stair stepping. but who knows what kind of stops/counting this machine has with servos and such. i don't think i ever recall having the horizontal off on a single printer.

gregwallace

I've seen this several times on our QS2000 when ripping a file in a different resolution than the printer is equipped to print with. For instance if I print a 10 inch by 10 inch square ripped at 360 x 360 dpi and then print the file on our printer which prints at 540 x 360 dpi the result would be a box that is 6.67 inches by 10 inches. The printer distorts the file because of the incompatible resolutions. A quick fix for this would be to adjust the scaling accordingly. In my case I would scale the file to 150% by 100%. This would correct the distortion.

Make sure your rip resolution matches your printers output resolution exactly. It sounds like your rip resolution is slightly higher than your printers output resolution on one dimension.

artbot

i think i have experienced this. just didn't have an explanation for it. ended up always scaling the rip file by 102.5% (or something) one direction after giving up on the calibration side.

i'll do a few tests to see if a percentage will effect accurately the measurement across the gantry.

still curious, for the record if there is any rastek/efi/daytona/flora horizontal calibration other than bidirectional.

aa

phototec

The only fix I know of is to modify the width of the image in PS or Illy, just do the math and figure out what % you need to compensate for the wider printed image.

Example: 55.1875" actual test print divided by 55" target size equals a width of 54.003398", which then should print 55" wide!

:smile: