• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horizontal Streaking on my 33

dmfahie

Hello. In the attached pic you can see I am getting weird streaking, this is from the vinyls after they are heated not sitting flush on the platinum. This happens mostly in the IJ-40, a bit on the 180c. I wish i could just change the vinyls, but it was specked by the customer. I have lowered the heat, almost off and this still happens. All vinyls are also profiled, not just the mfg. profiles. I did not have this issue last year, now I do. I have worked on my climate control etc in the shop. I really don't know what is going on here.

JV-33
SS2 Inks
IJ 40c & 180c 54" / 60"
Wasatch

Attachments

• streaking 1.jpg
    streaking 1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 91

dmfahie

Imagine- The "streaking" is actually in-between the rollers.
Animal- Yes, I agree, but the issue is the streaking going the other way, not the banding

I have seen this many times before - It's likely that the media is not laying flat (i.e. buckling up slightly between the rollers) and thus the distance between the Head and the Media is not consistent. This causes the drops to land in these area slightly out of alignment, especially if you're printing in bi-directional. Either run in uni or try to get the media as flat as possible. With adhesive vinyl I've usually had good luck running the pre-heat 5-10 deg higher than the platen heat - something about this seems to help the media really flatten out.