• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horribel refresh rate/ scrolling... how to fix?

Flame

Hey guys, ran into an issue today. I apologize for not responding to any e-mails, but I caught a nasty bug on my web PC and I was unable to even boot it.

Well after hours of tinkering with it this morning I just gave up and reformatted the whole thing (and my USB stick by accident :( ). Well I reloaded XP, and am getting my programs all back up to snuff, but now I have an issue!!!! I'm having a HORRIBLE, I think it's called "refresh rate" ? Basically when I scroll while on the web or in any program, it isn't smooth.... it's notch and you see the screen like "wipe" from top to bottom.

Any clue how to fix this? It's VERY annoying and makes working on the web next to impossible.

More than likely you simply to load a set of drivers for the video controller that is in your machine. If you look in device Manager and see something generic under Display Adaptor, (such as VGA Adaptor), you need to obtain the driver set for your adaptor and install it. that should solve that problem.

Bob

Conor Knoxx

if you've wiped and reloaded Windows, I'd agree - video card (aka graphics adapter or graphics card) drivers need to be downloaded and installed.

You need to know the make and model of the card to do this though, unless it came with / and you still have an installation disk - though downloading current ones is always the better option.

Flame

Fixed it. Just had to right click, display properties, settings, advanced, troubleshoot... and then just turn off the hardware acceleration. :)

SignBurst PCs

Fixed it. Just had to right click, display properties, settings, advanced, troubleshoot... and then just turn off the hardware acceleration. :)

If this fixed it, you are dealing with a really old / bad / generic video card driver. That is assuming that it didn't ever do this before you formatted it.

Try downloading the correct driver like mentioned above and see if you can turn the hardware acceleration back on.

Flame

Good point Casey... I do have a old driver but for the life of me I can't find where to download a new one. Everything I download doesn't work. :(

It's a Via Chrome9 HC ...... any clue where to look for a driver?