• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horrible experience and problems with new Mimak UJF-7151 printer, support and service

armandolo

I want to share my experience with a purchase of brand new UJF-7151.

We experienced nothing but problems from day one with no real care or support from Mimaki. Problems still exist after year an a half with no resolution. This was the worst and most unreliable machine we have.

Problem 1) Machine arrived with damaged ball bearings. There was no sign of drop or any external damage. Assembly just seemed it didn't pass QC. This was fixed by the dealer

Problem 2) Machine wiper keeps breaking and either falls off or the tube to clear the excess ink snaps internally causing the ink to flow into the machine, this happened 4 times already and just recently we saw more ink in the machine. more improper fixes caused head being stuck on improperly moving wiper assembly

Problem 3) Magenta channel had so many problems, its keep misting magenta all over the substrate. The dealer has been at our shop I wanna say weekly. They fix one thing, and another issue arrives. I don't even want to mention the improper fixes. Mimaki came out and they tried to fix it but again the problem exists. despite support managers assurances that he will assist me further, he never returned my numerous calls about this problem. PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. They blame everything but the magenta channel.

I could go on with how many times this machine was opened, parts changed, ink flushed, pressures and temperatures changed, but fact of the matter is, we can not reliably print on this machine.

Every day we turn on the machine with fingers crossed if its going to work or not. Z-motor Error, Wiper Error, Temperature error etc etc. Alas we have a new UNRESOLVED OVERFLOW problem and have to get the technician in again. This is now a 1.5 yo machine with nothing but headaches.
Update on this: They say subtank needs to be changed and its on back order for three weeks. Go figure.

I do realize that sometimes machines have inherent defects (We had a Gravograph IS8000XP with problems. Gravotech replaced the machine twice and extended the warranty.) but Mimaki's service was horrible on top of the defective machine. They wanted no accountability, blamed the dealer and at the end we were stuck with a sub-par machine that did not live up to its expectations.

We had such positive experience with Gravotech, that did not hesitate to place an order for LS1000XP Laser. I WILL NEVER consider another Mimaki product for the simple fact that they will not take care of their defective machines.

[HASHTAG]#Mimaki[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#ujf7151[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#horribleservice[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

armandolo

Update:::

Can’t remember how many times already I open and fix the ball bearing that was originally bad from the factory and supposedly they fixed. I don’t even know what I do. Just open up the side gate f the table bearing unit and it starts working

And again… less than 2 years after replacement, the primer heard breaks again.

MIMAKI, SUCKS! THEIR SUBPAR EQUIPMENT AND SERVICE!

#mimakisucks

FrankW

I work for the dealer who sells by far the most 7151 in germany, a lot of them at industrial applications, a few for example automatically fed by robots, printing around the clock.

It really looks like that you get a lemon. Of course that machines arent perfect, we do some improvements to them ourselves, and sometimes there are serial problems we need to solve. Your dealer should manage your problems.

whitehot

I want to share my experience with a purchase of brand new UJF-7151.

We experienced nothing but problems from day one with no real care or support from Mimaki. Problems still exist after year an a half with no resolution. This was the worst and most unreliable machine we have.

Problem 1) Machine arrived with damaged ball bearings. There was no sign of drop or any external damage. Assembly just seemed it didn't pass QC. This was fixed by the dealer

Problem 2) Machine wiper keeps breaking and either falls off or the tube to clear the excess ink snaps internally causing the ink to flow into the machine, this happened 4 times already and just recently we saw more ink in the machine. more improper fixes caused head being stuck on improperly moving wiper assembly

Problem 3) Magenta channel had so many problems, its keep misting magenta all over the substrate. The dealer has been at our shop I wanna say weekly. They fix one thing, and another issue arrives. I don't even want to mention the improper fixes. Mimaki came out and they tried to fix it but again the problem exists. despite support managers assurances that he will assist me further, he never returned my numerous calls about this problem. PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. They blame everything but the magenta channel.

I could go on with how many times this machine was opened, parts changed, ink flushed, pressures and temperatures changed, but fact of the matter is, we can not reliably print on this machine.

Every day we turn on the machine with fingers crossed if its going to work or not. Z-motor Error, Wiper Error, Temperature error etc etc. Alas we have a new UNRESOLVED OVERFLOW problem and have to get the technician in again. This is now a 1.5 yo machine with nothing but headaches.
Update on this: They say subtank needs to be changed and its on back order for three weeks. Go figure.

I do realize that sometimes machines have inherent defects (We had a Gravograph IS8000XP with problems. Gravotech replaced the machine twice and extended the warranty.) but Mimaki's service was horrible on top of the defective machine. They wanted no accountability, blamed the dealer and at the end we were stuck with a sub-par machine that did not live up to its expectations.

We had such positive experience with Gravotech, that did not hesitate to place an order for LS1000XP Laser. I WILL NEVER consider another Mimaki product for the simple fact that they will not take care of their defective machines.

[HASHTAG]#Mimaki[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#ujf7151[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#horribleservice[/HASHTAG]
We are on our second Mimaki Solvent Printer CJV 150-130 - we loved the first one. it was reliable and easy to maintain. this new machine is so poorly engineered and they put profit before reason. We have are having wild fluctuations in color consistency despite creating a consistent environment, we decided to run cmykLcLm + w + Silver. our many clients loved the foil like quality of the silver on the ES3 inks, the SS21 silver is terrible, looks battleship gray. Mimaki support used to be quite efficient but has become useless - even our dealers have not been able to get answers. THIS IS MY LAST MIMAKI machine

johnwon

Thanks for sharing. We’ve been considering purchasing this printer. Every manufacturer has a lemon now and then, but I haven’t really looked to see how many posts like yours are out there yet.

Elwood Kinder

I am very sorry for all of your trouble. It truly seems you must have a lemon on your hands. I was just curious, is the printer still under warranty?

TD Digital

Who was your dealer? I have worked for a Mimaki dealer for years and if we ever had a machine with these issues we would send the unit back. I'm assuming you bought from a smaller mom/pop dealer because any reputable dealer would have made it right.