• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hosed again! Oh well.........

Latigo

Does anyone have a link to mutoh oem type white hose for the pump? The clear stuff is too soft. It also seems to be the wroing diameter and I bought like 20 feet of it.
Any help appreciated very much.
Thanks

Latigo

Latigo

Thanks Craig, but its a specific tensile strength that works with the pump cams, and too soft, it slips, too hard it won't move the ink correctly.
I don't think I could guess at it.

Latigo

Latigo

Thanks, SignManiac! I had been to that website but missed that one.

I'll try Calgraph too. With any luck they won't remember me. After four years I turned down their service contract when I learned enough about the printer to do my own repairs.
Thanks folks! Great help.

Latigo

Latigo

So here's the skinny.
I was able to reach three different techs and parts managers of large ink and parts suppliers. All said the same thing. They'd been trying for months to get that white tubing with no success. They all have dozens of customers waiting. One of them even asked me to let him know if I stumbled across a source!

It's made and purchased in Europe specifically for those pumps. Mutoh USA itself has no clue where it comes from. Whoever the European pump maker is seems to be not talking, and why would they? Those suckers know that if we get the correct tensile strength tubing we won't be buying their stupid pumps every 10 weeks or so. We have six perfectly good pumps here and just ordered another one. Talk about a scam. :banghead:

Latigo

jwright350

try mcmaster.com its gotta be some sort of vinyl or latex tubing

or maybe hack your machine and use the new roland pumps

Latigo

New deal.
Have you ever called China?
We have about 10 meters of white Mutoh tubing on the way. If its the real McCoy I'll let you know. If its not, well... I guess $45 is not too much to roll the dice with.

Latigo