• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hot folder for cut files help

StarSign

Hopefully in the vast bucket of S101 knowledge someone may have the answer to this. We are running a Oki Colorpainter and a Fuji flatbed and Onyx 12. We cut to both a Graphtec plotter (no problem) but we are trying to figure out how to have the jobs we want to cut on our Colex go to a cut folder on our server so they can be accessed from another location. right now we have to manually move the cut files for the colex from the folder on the local computer to the cut folder on our server. What am I missing. Thanks

Last edited:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Sorry, Cant help you with Onyx... I know Caldera has deposit folders for each cutter we use. Whether local or across a network its the same for us as far as depositing the files automatically.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Do you use cut server? If so set up your cutter to have a forward folder and hit cut on your files, or you can change your settings to "auto" cut forward and archive to bypass hitting cut

StarSign

Do you use cut server? If so set up your cutter to have a forward folder and hit cut on your files, or you can change your settings to "auto" cut forward and archive to bypass hitting cut

Just tried this way and it does send over the file however it doesn't come over as the correct cut file. I know we are just missing some dumb step, but what is it.

C5 Service&Repair

You need to assign the cut spot color in the cut server. Add your cutter then in the 'gear' icon settings there is the cut path setting. you have to add the spot color you're using as your cut path in the art file.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Just tried this way and it does send over the file however it doesn't come over as the correct cut file. I know we are just missing some dumb step, but what is it.
Well that is the way to do it. And you see the cutlines just fine there?
It just auto sends them, does nothing different than manually pressing cut now.