• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help HOT FOLDER MISSING!

allinonegraphics

Hello guys. I have a mimaki cjv150 running with rasterlink pro 5, the problem is that i unistall the rasterlink and re install it but now when i want to print and cut i open the job on illustrator and sent it to rasterlink but in rasterlink it tells me that i need to choose s hot folder. I go to MJSUITE folder where i use to have my hot folder but it isnt there. How can i create a hot folder? I'll appreciate your help! William

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.44.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.44.35 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,038
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.44.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.44.39 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,067

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to setup the printer in the printer manager and that will create the hot folder. If you open Rasterlink right now it probably doesn't have any printers installed.

Also, just so you know, you should upgrade to Rasterlink 6. It is much better and it's free. You just download the Rasterlink 6 software from Mimakiusa.com and then use your Rasterlink 5 password. The Rasterlink 6 password is shorter so just put in as many of the characters that it allows. With Rasterlink 6 I prefer to not use the FineCut plug-in and instead create a spot color called, "CutContour" and then save the file as an EPS or PDF. Then you can just open it in Rasterlink directly and it sees the cut line for you. This way you can make 1 version of your sticker and then make copies in Rasterlink and then add the registration marks. It is so much better that way.

allinonegraphics

You need to setup the printer in the printer manager and that will create the hot folder. If you open Rasterlink right now it probably doesn't have any printers installed.

Also, just so you know, you should upgrade to Rasterlink 6. It is much better and it's free. You just download the Rasterlink 6 software from Mimakiusa.com and then use your Rasterlink 5 password. The Rasterlink 6 password is shorter so just put in as many of the characters that it allows. With Rasterlink 6 I prefer to not use the FineCut plug-in and instead create a spot color called, "CutContour" and then save the file as an EPS or PDF. Then you can just open it in Rasterlink directly and it sees the cut line for you. This way you can make 1 version of your sticker and then make copies in Rasterlink and then add the registration marks. It is so much better that way.

Thanks for your reply! I'm using windows 10 home and print management is unavalable.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Printer management should be a separate program in the Rasterlink folder not a windows based program. If you go to the start menu and then scroll down to the Mimaki Rasterlink folder, it will be in there as well. You also have to install the color profiles or it won't let you setup the printer. Annoying I know.

allinonegraphics

Printer management should be a separate program in the Rasterlink folder not a windows based program. If you go to the start menu and then scroll down to the Mimaki Rasterlink folder, it will be in there as well. You also have to install the color profiles or it won't let you setup the printer. Annoying I know.
Here is the rasterlink folder photo, thats all it have inside.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.51.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.51.35 PM.png
    769.6 KB · Views: 1,041

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Oh ok it looks like you have Rasterlink 6 already! In 6 you open the main program and then it should just pop up and ask you to setup a printer.

allinonegraphics

Ok, i find the print management in rasterlink, i delete the printer and add it again and this is what it shows.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.50.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 1.50.49 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,052

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That should do it. If it fails to create the hot folder after clicking yes it will tell you. If it does fail it means you need to download the latest version of the installer from Mimaki. Older ones glitch out for some reason.

bakaichi

Hi I have a question about the Cutcontour ..
When you save the file as PDF /ESP..can you still have different lay with different cut condition ( Half cut and kiss cut )?

Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi I have a question about the Cutcontour ..
When you save the file as PDF /ESP..can you still have different lay with different cut condition ( Half cut and kiss cut )?

Thank you

Yes. In this case you would setup another spot color called CutContourHalf and it will use the half cut settings for that line. Just make sure you name it that exactly with capital C's and H.

steve contos

my raster link 6 is all of the sudden not reading files

yannb

Hi, I didn't know you could use a Rasterlink 5 serial number with Rasterlink 6. Thanks for the tip. I always generate a new sn from their special site.
Rasterlink 6 Plus also uses the same number, and is still being updated. The regular RL 6 isn't.