• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hot or Cold Laminator

Up to this point in our business we have been subbing out our decals that need lamination.

I have decided to purchase a new HP Latex printer and now want a laminator to go with it. I have been skimming through the posts - but not really seeing this question. Should I get a hot or cold laminator? What are the pros/cons of each?

I'm thinking that I'm going to buy a Seal.

rjssigns

We only run a cold lam. Only one time in many years we turned down a job that required it.

Truth is it all depends on what you're laminating.

If the laminate required uses heat and that's 99% of your business that answers your question.

chafro

We have a seal 62 pro with hot top roller.

There are some really really awesome and cheap laminates that work with heat but they work for paper prints mostly. We laminate like that our real photo prints and they come out beautiful and last forever.

I don’t think you will need heat for a latex printer.

Filmpro

If you want to laminate vinyl on vinyl cold lamination leaves micro air inclusions showing up as a silvering effect. Laminating at about 100 F will deal with this.