• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hours?

Tim Aucoin

Store is open M-F 8am - 4:30pm Closed Weekends, Holidays and the week between Christmas and New Years.

I am generally at my desk by 7am and I leave at 4pm.
I work the odd Saturday or Sunday only when I need to catch up on GST or paper work. Maybe once every couple months.

As far as "sales"... I work 24/7 to promote the business whenever I can! :smile:

westpointsigns

My hours aren't posted because I am a one man operation, and it's a small town so most of my clients know I'm open 9 - 5:30 or so. I leave a note to call me on the door if I am out on a job.

However, if I'm at the shop...I'm open for business, which seems to work out for the small business people that have a regular day job and can't make it in during the day.

WildWestDesigns

with commercial B2B and corporate clients (no retail) we are almost always available via Blackberry,iPhone and email.

Yep, I have too many devices that are able to access the internet with or without a wifi connection. Combine that with I work with other shops that have their own deadlines, I try to be as flexible as I can be within reason. Most of the time though like I said earlier, it's mainly digitizing and that's "easy" enough to get out at the odd times that I'm at the computer. Either my main one or my laptop.

Slamdunkpro

Public hours are 9:30 - 4:30. No weekends. Staff is in 8-5 or whenever if we have after hours installs. The hour and a half in the morning is devoted to scheduling / finishing up jobs for that day's deliveries or whatever without the interruption of phone calls / walk-ins (though I don't get a lot of those)

stoliker

Monday - Friday 9 to 5:30
evening and weekends by appointment

Whenever I am here the do is unlocked but the lights and open sign are off.
Cell phone is always on and if the emails or messages are important, they get returned asap. If not, they wait till the next business day.

Hours are posted on the door and on the answering machine, along with a message that states "These hours have been in effect since 2003". Got sick of hearing, "I KNOW you used to be open on saturday, when did that change?"

Nuagedesigns

Just started Mon. thru Thurs 8am to 6pm with our customers understanding Fridays are available with an apt. We are usually here earlier and stay later but this way we can possibly have our weekends to ourselves . We have been on this schedule now since we moved to a larger location a month ago and has been running fairly well. We too get much more done before the phone starts ringing at 9.

Sven

I'm happy when it's busy and I have to work late and/or weekends, because I'm making good money and I know it won't last all year. But I'm amazed at the hours a lot of people are working. A couple of posters are around 90 hours a week with no days off?? Is that a joke? Why not hire a couple of extra hands or charge more?

I know money makes the world go round, but I need time exercise, hang out with friends, unwind and do my own things. Otherwise what's the point of waking up in the morning?