• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how about this? start up programs?

gabagoo

How do I get my computer to stop loading certain programs at startup?Blackberry program really slows down the start up process and I always shut it as soon as it is on.

OADesign

What "I" usually do is go to START>ALL PROGRAMS> START UP and remove all of the short cuts there.

You can also go START>RUN> then type in MSCONFIG. ***warning*** this is and advanced user tool. be careful what you tinker with.

Last but not least, what ever is left I just go into each individual application that I don't want to run at start up, go in to the options or preferences or settings and turn off "Run when windows starts" or something to that effect.

shawn_75

I had a problem with Quicktime that de-selecting it in msconfig would not cure. It always started up. I eventually went to the .exe itself (qttask) and renamed it. No further problems.

I strive to keep the system tray as clean as possible.