• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How accurate are crop marks ?

autoexebat

Every time I use my new printer to do the contour cuts something is always off , When I sent it to my GX300 it seem to be more accurate but it's harder to use as it only has 2 pinch roolers.

Is this normal ?

kanini

I've found the Roland printers to be pretty accurate, do you have long cutting jobs where it gradually gets worse or is it off from the start? Have you calibrated both the print&cut (in one step) and the cropmarks (when you remove the vinyl for lamination inbetween). It's easy to miss that calibration, the manual describes this procedure.
Other thing is if you laminate to not leave a sticky edge on the material if the laminate is off a little to one side, it sticks to the platen and can cause misalignment.

graphicwarning

I find my VS-300 very accurate, but I typically always transfer them to my GX-300 to cut. I've never encountered problems with the fact that there are two pinch rollers on the GX...

SIGNTIME

Not sure on the print&cut machines, but the crop marks are very accurate when I cut on my GX500 just have to make sure you have the material in nice and square. To make sure it's square I first line the leading edge up to something that is straight (I use the sheet cut trench) then run the material back and forth to make sure it isn't drifting, if it is make an adjustment and recheck until there is no drift.