Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How accurate are crop marks ?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by autoexebat, Mar 12, 2014.

1. autoexebat

autoexebat Member

Apr 15, 2010
    USA
    Every time I use my new printer to do the contour cuts something is always off , When I sent it to my GX300 it seem to be more accurate but it's harder to use as it only has 2 pinch roolers.

Is this normal ?

Tags:
  2. kanini

kanini Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    I've found the Roland printers to be pretty accurate, do you have long cutting jobs where it gradually gets worse or is it off from the start? Have you calibrated both the print&cut (in one step) and the cropmarks (when you remove the vinyl for lamination inbetween). It's easy to miss that calibration, the manual describes this procedure.
    Other thing is if you laminate to not leave a sticky edge on the material if the laminate is off a little to one side, it sticks to the platen and can cause misalignment.

3. graphicwarning

graphicwarning Member

Aug 30, 2012
    NB, Canada
    I find my VS-300 very accurate, but I typically always transfer them to my GX-300 to cut. I've never encountered problems with the fact that there are two pinch rollers on the GX...

4. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    NY
    Not sure on the print&cut machines, but the crop marks are very accurate when I cut on my GX500 just have to make sure you have the material in nice and square. To make sure it's square I first line the leading edge up to something that is straight (I use the sheet cut trench) then run the material back and forth to make sure it isn't drifting, if it is make an adjustment and recheck until there is no drift.