Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are Bag Sign/Lawn Sign Stands U Shape and H Shape made?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Mickey101, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Mickey101

Mickey101 New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Toronto
    Hi all!

I have done a lot of lurking around and I cannot find out how the U shape and H shape stands are made for the lawn signs. Are you guys buying thease from someone or are you bending thease with a machine? What is the cost to you for those wire frames?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State

Unless you plan to make millions of them, I can guarantee you that it will be cheaper to buy them.

JB

• Like Like x 1
  3. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    They remind me of Dura-Wall for masonry construction, minus the criss-cross version

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Member

May 7, 2019
    Wisconsin
    What's a Bag sign ? We do tons of Coro signs and have thousands of the H wire stands in the shop, they do not work to go in rocky desert soil, Too weak.

5. tulsagraphics

tulsagraphics Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Ever seen how newspapers/magazines are printed? The huge reel to reel paper roll / presses?
    It's a similar method for plastic bag signs... so unless you're really into huge production, buying them from a vendor is definitely the easiest / least expensive way to go.

But if you're still interested, look up Flexo printing on YouTube....

6. tulsagraphics

tulsagraphics Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Oklahoma
    He's referring to the polybag signs -- mostly used for political / campaign signs. This is where I get mine from: http://polybagplanet.com/ (e.g. 10k single-color, double-sided 24" x 16" polybag signs, including the wire frame = [pricing removed from this post] all for less than the cost of your typical bulk H stake!)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tulsagraphics

tulsagraphics Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Whoops. I just noticed I answered the wrong question. I don't know of anyone in the states that makes the cheap/basic wire stands. Every box from every supplier I've ever seen has a "made in China" sticker. You can see some of the wire manufacturing videos on YouTube. Just big factories/warehouses with lots of equipment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

There are several US and Canadian manufacturers of the stakes.

Vermac, Parker Davis, etc.

May I ask why you want to make your own? Would you like a truckload price on stakes?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mickey101

Mickey101 New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Toronto
    Oh okay, yeah just a bag thats screen printed with a U shaped metal wire frame staked in the ground holding it up. Do you manufacture the H frames or do you just order them?

10. Mickey101

Mickey101 New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Toronto

Thank you! I appreciate your help. I was just wondering what everyone is doing because I assumed the steel wire is very heavy to ship. So I thought everyone makes them in house.

11. Mickey101

Mickey101 New Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Toronto
    I will look into it. The other day I saw an ad for one dollar per sign with stake included. So I was wondering if there is a small table top machine or something that everyone is using to hammer out the steaks. The poly bags are heavy and so are the steaks so I was thinking that the shipping cost would be alot. I just wanted to get some input from our fellow sign makers.

Thank you all for sharing.