• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How are Bag Sign/Lawn Sign Stands U Shape and H Shape made?

Mickey101

Hi all!

I have done a lot of lurking around and I cannot find out how the U shape and H shape stands are made for the lawn signs. Are you guys buying thease from someone or are you bending thease with a machine? What is the cost to you for those wire frames?

Attachments

• 20201227_161419.jpg
    20201227_161419.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 214

Jeremiah

What's a Bag sign ? We do tons of Coro signs and have thousands of the H wire stands in the shop, they do not work to go in rocky desert soil, Too weak.

tulsagraphics

Ever seen how newspapers/magazines are printed? The huge reel to reel paper roll / presses?
It's a similar method for plastic bag signs... so unless you're really into huge production, buying them from a vendor is definitely the easiest / least expensive way to go.

But if you're still interested, look up Flexo printing on YouTube....

tulsagraphics

What's a Bag sign ? We do tons of Coro signs and have thousands of the H wire stands in the shop, they do not work to go in rocky desert soil, Too weak.
He's referring to the polybag signs -- mostly used for political / campaign signs. This is where I get mine from: http://polybagplanet.com/ (e.g. 10k single-color, double-sided 24" x 16" polybag signs, including the wire frame = [pricing removed from this post] all for less than the cost of your typical bulk H stake!)

Last edited:

tulsagraphics

Whoops. I just noticed I answered the wrong question. I don't know of anyone in the states that makes the cheap/basic wire stands. Every box from every supplier I've ever seen has a "made in China" sticker. You can see some of the wire manufacturing videos on YouTube. Just big factories/warehouses with lots of equipment.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
There are several US and Canadian manufacturers of the stakes.

Vermac, Parker Davis, etc.

May I ask why you want to make your own? Would you like a truckload price on stakes?

Mickey101

Oh okay, yeah just a bag thats screen printed with a U shaped metal wire frame staked in the ground holding it up. Do you manufacture the H frames or do you just order them?

Mickey101

He's referring to the polybag signs -- mostly used for political / campaign signs. This is where I get mine from: http://polybagplanet.com/ (e.g. 10k single-color, double-sided 24" x 16" polybag signs, including the wire frame = [pricing removed from this post] all for less than the cost of your typical bulk H stake!)

Thank you! I appreciate your help. I was just wondering what everyone is doing because I assumed the steel wire is very heavy to ship. So I thought everyone makes them in house.

Mickey101

There are several US and Canadian manufacturers of the stakes.

Vermac, Parker Davis, etc.

May I ask why you want to make your own? Would you like a truckload price on stakes?

I will look into it. The other day I saw an ad for one dollar per sign with stake included. So I was wondering if there is a small table top machine or something that everyone is using to hammer out the steaks. The poly bags are heavy and so are the steaks so I was thinking that the shipping cost would be alot. I just wanted to get some input from our fellow sign makers.

Thank you all for sharing.