• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question How bad could it be?

Albertsol

I have the chance to acquire my first Roland.. SP-300V. It has been sitting for 3 years with no power. It was working fine before left in storage. Obviously the print heads have dried out but what else is guaranteed to be ruined?

Could it be economically salvaged with the right kit/parts?

papabud

Lone Wolf
keep in mind one persons version of its been printing fine is not the same as someone elses.
if they put it into storage correctly and did a good clean up on the machine. it should load and fire up perfectly.
the list of possible headaches with a used machine placed into storage is never ending.
i looked at a machine once. they said it ran fin we unplugged it and put a tarp on it.
well all the lines was full of dead ink. head was shot. a mouse had made it home and chewed through almost everything else.
so you never want to ask, just how bad could it be.. you would be surprised that the bar keeps getting raised

Joe House

Depends on how much it's going to cost you. You'll probably have $3000 or so USD in just parts to get it up and running. Anything with ink in it probably needs to be replaced. If you know what you're doing and can do the work yourself, it *might* be all there is. But in reality, you've still got an old machine, with old mechanical issues that will crop up.
I just saw a used one that prints on ebay, but needs calibrations go for less than $2k, so I probably wouldn't go for that one.

Albertsol

Thanks guys. Wasn't sure if would be just a couple of new tubes/print heads but as mentioned the list could be endless so I'll avoid.

ams

Don't spend more than $2,000 max. Probably will cost you $5,000 - $7,000 to make new again.